Friday, April 14, 2017

Springtime Skelly Flowers

So for the April Challenge at Mixed Media Mojo, the theme was Spring with Umbrellas as the twist! I am a lover of all things Halloween and had some Dyan Reavley skull stamps that were just calling out to be used! So what better way to use them but in a garden with some spring showers!  So let's get started!

I started with a #10 tag and the new Tim Holtz Distress Oxide inks! I love how they look and I used Spiced Marmalade, Worn Lipstick, Broken China, Cracked Pistachio and Fossilized Amber.  Then I took a stencil and made some swirls and dots over the colors. A light mist of water helped to activate the oxides.

It took my Dyan Reavley stamps and used the flowers and skulls to stamp images onto the tag. I used the umbrella from the Tim Holtz Umbrella Man. A little trick, you can mask off parts of a stamp so that they don't get ink on them. I stamped in Distress Archival Black Soot Ink.


I then added the rain drops with  a rain drop stamp from Deep Red Rubber Stamp! The tag was finished with Distress Black Soot ink around the edges and Voila! Skelly Flowers in the rain! Happy Easter!



You can see more of my work at https://artsytartsyandsuch.blogspot.com/.

Make sure to join in the fun for this month's challenge!


Juli

No comments:

Post a Comment