Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Guest Designer Ann Chuang

Today we Welcome our Guest Designer the extremely talented Ann Chuang.I would like to say a special thank you to Ann, as she very kindly sent me her wonderful project early so I could schedule it before my op.

Hello everyone!

My name is Ann Chuang. I live in Taiwan. I am a junior high school math teacher and a mom. I started crafting about 2012. At that time, I started making very simple cards that would take me hours to make, but the look of pure joy that people give you after receiving a handmade card is worth every second! Now, I also love to dabble in Mixed Media. I have always liked creating, inspiration comes from random places. I have no set style and don't really want to. I'm looking forward to sharing my creations with all of you!

Give the historians something to write about

Hi everyone, Ann is here today for Mixed Media Wednesday to share a project with you that was inspired by Dina Wakley’s Art Journal Freedom Chapter 7 Contrast with color.

I have a quick tutorial on how I made my mixed media art journal, hope you will enjoy it.

 

1.Cover the page with Gesso. Let it dry.

2.Paint the middle third of page with ruby Acrylic Paints.

3.Place a stencil over the painted areas. Use a damp rag to rub through the stencil and remove some of the paint.

4.Dab lime Acrylic Paints through the stencils on the right side.

 

 

5.Adhere washi tape on the lower edge and stamped randomly.

6.Stamp a focal image and sentiment onto the smooth white cardstock. Cut out them. I used a white poster paint Sharpie to outline the image.

7.Glue the focal image and the sentiment onto the page.

8.Stamp the handwritten word along the image left edge.

I would like to thank Jannet and the rest of the talented Design Team for allowing me to craft along side them today! It has been such a pleasure working with you!

 

4 comments:

  1. I am so excited to see Ann's awesome artwork here. The primary colors are bold and contrast, yet very eye-pleasing. Well done and bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is wonderful Ann! Thank you so much for the great project and tutorial and being our Guest Designer!! xo - Maria

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ann, sorry I am late commenting, this is fabulous! Wonderful colour palette and love the imagery you used, thank you so much for being our Guest Designer here at Mixed Media Mojo! Deb xo

    ReplyDelete