Wednesday, September 3, 2014

A Big Welcome to our New DT members!

I just wanted to give a big welcome to the newest members of our team who started with us this month!  


Meet Shery:



I'm a writer/editor by trade and an art/craft junkie the
rest of the time. Before I made the leap to the wonderful world of
paper crafting and started blogging about my cards in July 2013, I
have been running my online businesses since 1997 and providing
services (content writing/editing, ghostwriting, copywriting, web
design/development) to various companies around the globe. I enjoy
card-making but I'm a mixed media girl at heart. Some of my works are
in private collections here and abroad, and I occasionally get
commissioned to create mixed media artworks. I love incorporating
different art mediums to my projects, and I'm happiest when my fingers
are inky, sticky, and stained. My husband and I have been married
since 2004 and we live in Central California with our two German
shepherds and feisty cat.



Meet Niki:


Hello crafty friends! My name is Niki aka Pawsitively Creative (can you tell I love dogs?). I am a Veterinary Technician and have 3 amazing dogs and a wonderful husband.  I have been back in the art world since April of this year after being away for a very long time. Two broken arms really limit what you can do! I started mixed media in April and have loved every minute of it. My style is ever changing but I love anything Steampunk and will try to incorporate it whenever I can. 

I hope that I can inspire just one person to try their hand at mixed media (or more!) so they see it can be a relaxing way to vent and let their creativity flow. Carpe Diem!


Meet Barb:

My name is Barb Housner.  I live in the south central part of the great state of Wisconsin.  I have been making cards for over ten years – I guess – time flies when you are having fun.  I sewed in my former life so your sense of balance and color trains you well for card making.  I love to dabble in Mixed Media.  It is so therapeutic to work on a piece.  You can just keep adding layers and if it doesn’t work out – cover it up with another layer.  I work full time and have two grown daughters.



Meet Kim:


Hi! My name is Kim. I am a mom who still loves to play. Things that make me happy in no particular order: photography, books, stamping, paints, inks, silly things kids do, seeing that a-ha moment in my child. I have always liked creating, inspiration comes from random places. I have no set style and don't really want one, I like to play with whatever catches my fancy:)


Be sure to come play along with us and our September Challenge!  You can get all the details HERE!

Thanks for stopping by!!

Maria

3 comments:

  1. excited to be part of this fun creative group

    Barb Housner

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to all the new DTs. I am so happy to share this amazing experience with you all. Hugs! ~Niki

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to the new DT members and welcome! Can't wait to see your creations.

    ReplyDelete